Learn how to make Indigo Stock solutions for four types of Blue dye processes
Bex will give you lots of historic anecdotes about the mystique of Indigo Blue throughout the world and teach you how to balance your pots. We will also explore different binding and resist techniques for designing on cloth. Students will help prepare pots to be used for the Blue Party! Bring a brown bag lunch or run to our favorite BBQ joint down the road! Students should bring everything listed for the Blue Party.
Cost is $90 for 6 hour class including dyes used. (10-5 with one hour lunch break.)
Call to sign up! (573) 449-5648 (KNIT)
Come Play in our Dye Pots!
- $10 for first 8 oz of yarn, fiber, or 2 t-shirts
- $5 per additional shirt or 4oz of yarn or fiber
- Rubber gloves (if you don’t want to look like a smurf)
- Plastic bags to take home wet items and yarn
- Fiber and t-shirts to dye
- Clamps, clothes pins, sea shells and rubber bands (if you have them)
You are welcome to pre-tie or sew your designs. As usual, we will have more than just blue to play with.
Come early and have more fun!